Snelling Staffing is currently searching for a Warehouse Lead to help supervise and oversee a team in a large, bonded warehouse located in Northwest Suburbs of Chicago. The Warehouse Lead will handle daily operations of the warehouse including scheduling, inventory procurement, shipping and receiving, and employee procedures. The successful applicant will maintain high levels of accuracy in day-to-day operations, lead and develop the warehouse team and provide impeccable customer service to our clients.
Warehouse Lead Responsibilities
- Oversee a team to process all containers on 2 shifts including running team meetings, training new employees, and supporting team through daily coaching and KPI monitoring.
- Works on the floor daily to properly train/retain employees, promote safety procedures, and address employee relations issues.
- Operational execution for all transfers required of company customers
- Audit inventory, prioritize containers, and track turnaround times when freight arrives.
- Provide staffing projections to management and manage employee scheduling to limit overtime and costs.
- Enforce all company rules and regulations and perform.
- Perform gap analysis on all warehouse standard operating procedures.
- Maintain open communicate with team and management to ensure operations run smoothly.
Warehouse Lead Qualifications:
- Minimum of 2 years of warehouse leadership experience required.
- Experience with the handling of air freight and time sensitive cargo.
- Experience managing customer orders and production capacity to develop production schedules.
- Experience in a high volume/high transaction warehouse.
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written.
- Strong Computer skills: specifically, with Excel and Warehouse Management Systems
- Strong math, reporting, and analytical skills
- Bachelors degree or equivalent industry experience preferred.
- Familiar with CFS and CCSF/TSA requirements preferred
- Fluency in English and Spanish highly preferred
Warehouse Lead Benefits:
- Competitive base salary
- Medical, Dental and Life Insurance
- 401K options
- Premier company in our industry
To Apply: Interested candidates should submit their resume for immediate consideration. Resumes will be reviewed as quickly as possible, and qualified candidates will be contacted to set up an interview. Snelling participates in E-Verify and is a drug free workplace.
About Snelling: Founded in 1951 by Lou and Gwen Snelling, Snelling is a staffing pioneer, bringing innovative solutions to the industry for over 65 years. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, the award-winning Snelling network is comprised of more than 80 locations across the United States.
Keywords: warehouse, general labor, labor, operations, manager, management, leader, shift lead, team lead, general manager, scheduling, workforce, workforce management, trainer, distribution, supervisor, supervision, leadership, lead, logistics, procurement, ocean import, imports, freight, CFS, CCSF, TSA, Cargo
Des Plaines, Illinois 60018
APPLY FOR JOB