Snelling Staffing Services is currently seeking an Export Logistics Coordinator in Arlington Heights, IL. The Export Logistics Coordinator facilitates the shipment of cargo via air and/or ocean transport. The Export Logistics Coordinator is responsible for receiving shipping instructions and following customer specific guidelines in the preparation and transmission of export transactions. This includes accurate preparation of all shipping documentation.
Shift: Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Take booking requests, ensure bookings are made at current and accurate rates, consolidate and route shipments based on local office procedures.
- Coordinate, track and trace export shipping process
- Prepare all shipping documents and ensure accuracy in customs documentation as well as order accuracy
- Submit bill of lading instructions
- Communicate with carriers, origin and destination locations regarding shipment status, special handling and delivery processes.
- Monitor and manage shipments until completion. Keep customers appraised to the export details of transactions in accordance with local office export operation procedures.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of export documentation – review and verify documentation and obtain any missing documentation from the customer.
- Build relationships with all customers, other offices, overseas agents and service providers
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience in export documentation or logistics processes
- Experience with ERP software, Oracle is a plus
- High sense of urgency and organization
- Prior work experience in logistics/freight forwarding industry is preferred.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills with the ability to grasp extensive knowledge while dealing with a variety of people.
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret verbal and written requests and directions. Must have the ability to compose letters, memos, emails and other written documentation clearly and concisely. Be able to present one’s self in a highly cooperative and professional manner
- Must have working knowledge of Windows operating system and be comfortable working with Microsoft software applications (i.e., Word, Excel and Outlook
- Must be familiar with booking shipment online with UPS, FedEx and DHL and know how to process AES filings with the courier service when applicable.
- Able to prepare or update NAFTA’S when required
Medical, Vision, Dental, and Life Insurance after 30 days
401K (eligible from start date, matched after 1 year)
Weekly Electronic Pay
To Apply: Interested candidates should submit their resume for immediate consideration or call 1-847-640-6618. Resumes will be reviewed as quickly as possible, and qualified candidates will be contacted to set up an interview. Snelling is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and employment is “at will”. Snelling participates in E-Verify and is a drug free workplace. Candidates may be subject to drug testing.
About Snelling: Founded in 1951 by Lou and Gwen Snelling, Snelling is a staffing pioneer, bringing innovative solutions to the industry for over 65 years. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, the award-winning Snelling network is comprised of more than 80 locations across the United States.
Arlington Heights, Illinois 60005
APPLY FOR JOB