Snelling is immediately hiring for a Warehouse Office Clerk in Des Plaines, IL for a growing organization with a great corporate culture and room for advancement!
Warehouse Office Clerks will manage the daily breakdown and receiving of the Air and Ocean Import Teams. This includes: Using the RF scanners to scan in freight, checking manifest to verify freight, prioritizing freight, breaking down freight, using tablets to create reports and research freight, filling in the outturn coversheets.
• Receiving freight into the system accurately and within the turnover times
• Breaking down air boards, unloading containers, and reworking loose freight
• Daily communication with the department Team Leads and Supervisors
• Turning in all paperwork and checking for accuracy
• Other warehouse functions as directed by Management
First shift – 7am – 4:30pm
• Minimum of 1 year in warehousing
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Strong Computer skills: especially with RFT and Tablets
• Ability to learn proprietary WMS system
• Analyze manifest reports
• Able to work in a warehousing environment and lift 50 LBS
• Experience with the handling of air freight and time sensitive cargo
• Able to multitask and work independently
• Experience in a high volume/high transaction manufacturing and/or warehousing environment
• Familiar with IACSSP security requirements
• Freight Forwarding, Logistics, and Receiving a plus
To Apply: Interested candidates should apply online. Resumes will be reviewed as quickly as possible, and selected candidates will be contacted to set up an interview. Snelling is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and employment is “at will”. Snelling participates in E-Verify and is a drug free workplace. Candidates may be subject to drug testing.
About Snelling: Founded in 1951 by Lou and Gwen Snelling, Snelling is a staffing pioneer, bringing innovative solutions to the industry for over 65 years. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, the award-winning Snelling network is comprised of more than 80 locations across the United States.
Keywords: 1st shift, 2nd shift, General Labor, Material Handler, Warehouse, Warehouse Worker / General Labor 1st and 2nd shift, lumper, distribution, shipping, receiving, receiver, shipper, unload, unloading, forklift, fork lift, pallet, palletize, pallet jack, scanner, hiring immediately, immediately hiring, bill of lading, export, shipping manifest, administrative, office, clerk
Des Plaines, Illinois 60018
APPLY FOR JOB